Sunday, January 4, 2009

Wishes for 2009

I love New Year’s resolutions…not because I ever stick to them, but because it’s like a list…and I love lists. I love putting things on lists that I’ve already done just so I can check them off. But this year I have decided to do a list of New Year’s Wishes. We’ll see if I have any more success with those.

*I’m going to go ahead with the most common recurring resolution. Actually it’s been in my list of resolutions for as long as I’ve been alive I believe, but I will put it in the form of a wish and say I wish I was a size much, much smaller…and I wish I didn’t have to exercise to get there. Okay, now that’s out of the way.

*I wish I could keep up with my filing this year. This will not happen…because it never does.

*I wish Starbucks delivered, and Diet Coke was available by faucet.

*I wish I could get paid for watching reality TV.

*I wish I wasn’t obsessed with Target.

*I wish I had even one scrapbook finished.

*I wish I could see close with my contacts on, and far with my contacts off.

*I wish there was a magic cleaning fairy who would dance along behind every member of my family and return things to their rightful spot.

*I wish I could say “I’m caught up.”

*I wish that I led a more creative, artsy life, and that ‘that dream’ I have would come true.

*I wish I wouldn’t save the good candles for a special occasion.

*I wish I saw every day as a special occasion.

*I wish I could turn back time and record every minute of my boys on video.

*I wish I wouldn’t hurt the ones I love the most.

*I wish I didn’t judge others.

*I wish I knew what God was trying to tell us about Honduras.

*I wish I would learn to live one day at a time…and not worry about the future.

*I wish I would give more, and ask for less.

*I wish time didn’t fly.

*I wish I loved God enough to start and end every day with Him. I wish I loved Him enough to lay down my pride and let Him take control of my life…freely, completely, and unconditionally. I wish I loved Him enough to sacrifice my wants and desires in order to understand His perfect will for my life.

*I’m thankful God gives me a new day every day…a new chance to start and end every day with Him. He loves me enough to nudge and correct me so that I’ll let Him have complete control of my life. He loves me enough to work out His perfect will in my life in spite of me.

I hope you get the things you wish for in 2009.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't we all have many of those same "wishes". Thanks for being transparent and making me think about my "wishes" for 2009. (I am a list maker too and it really frustrates me when I don't get them all marked off! :))