Friday, January 2, 2009

Homemade Christmas

This last Christmas (2008), I recommended that we make homemade gifts for each other. Please shoot me if I ever recommend that again, but I did enjoy making some gifts for family members. I couldn't post pictures earlier, because we had our last Christmas gift exchange just yesterday and I couldn't risk those being seen beforehand.

I (and I use that term very loosely because my good friend Kristy really did all the work on this...but I picked out all the fabric!) made a rag quilt for my mom.


Then I made some rag scarfs for my twin nieces...

I also made some canvases for different family members:

*The words on this one say "Embrace the Journey."

*There is a phrase at the top of this that says "Walk with me and be my friend forever."

*The words on this one are History, Journey and Love.

*This one says "Remember."

The pictures aren't great, but I really enjoyed the creative process on these.

4 comments:

April said...

You never cease to amaze me! I love what you did! You can make me a homemade gift anytime! :o)

Kristy said...

I'll be looking for my canvas soon. :)

Denyse said...

Those are beautiful! I'd love to know your secret!

G Pierce said...

Painting lots of different colors on canvas...wiping some away until I get the look I want. Adding mixed media collage on with gel medium (pictures, words, sheets out of the phone book, pages out of the Bible, etc.) and then Mod Podge the whole thing. If you put something down you don't like, then just paint over it.