Friday, January 9, 2009

I Think I Could Squeeze In One More Thing Today

Today was a jam packed day. It started VERY weird, and sad...but ended happy.

This morning I let Abby out to use the bathroom before taking the boys to school. I let her out in the front yard because she's much more likely to get to her business fast when she's there vs. roaming the 4 acres behind our house. She heads to the far edge of the lawn (near the street) and starts to poop, and I watch because she seems like she's in some distress, if you know what I mean. Turns out she was paying the penalty for eating the 2 tampons she ate earlier in the week (sorry guys...I know that is NOT what you expected to read here...but hey, be thankful there are no pictures accompanying this post).

While this is going on, there are several cars passing by because it's evidently rush hour on our street and I guess these drivers are so intrigued by watching my dog poop, one of them does not see the precious little kitty crossing the street and runs over it. Well it begins to flop all over the street (I'M TRYING TO LIVE!..private joke) and I'm like frozen in time watching this. Abby sees the kitty flopping around and is now not only trying to finish pooping out tampons, but wants to go chase the kitty that is flopping around the street. She starts walking toward the street still hunched over in the poop position. I look around for the hidden camera...and finally snap out of it and get Abby's attention to go inside. I close the door silently praying that someone will call the cat catcher to come pick that dead kitty from out in front of my house. All this before 8 a.m.

Then I went and had a little Photoshop lesson taught by my new best friend, Andrea...which I thought I could conquer in probably an hour. Okay, three hours later...I still do not have a clue what I'm doing in Photoshop. But maybe my head was still in the fog of what happened this morning and I just couldn't focus enough.

I got home, and Steve took me on a surprise lunch date. He had packed a picnic lunch in the back of our SUV and he took me to the lake and we sat in the back and ate lunch with a view of the lake and the ducks. It was so sweet and romantic. But he's like that...always doing romantic things like that. He's always leaving me little notes, and gifts...and has taken me on several romantic dates. I remember for our first anniversary (many years ago), we were exchanging gifts. He had written a poem for me and had it printed and custom fitted into a mat that fit into this little cottage frame he had found that looked like something I would love...and I did. I can't explain it very well...but let's just say you could tell it took a lot of time and effort to do this very personal and well thought out gift. I gave him a... dumbbell. I. am. not. kidding. He had asked for one a while back so he could exercise at home, and I was just trying to get him something he asked for. I seriously felt so bad. So I guess you could say he is the romantic one in our family.



*Note: He does have one or two flaws. He forgot plates so we had to improvise.
*Note: He also left the radio on too long and the car battery went dead...we had to get a jump to get back home.

*Note: It was in the 70's today with a cool breeze.
*Note: This was so peaceful and relaxing.
*Note: Steve is wearing clothes...they're just shorts.
*Note: Please do not leave me comments about my desperate need of a pedicure. I know this and it is on my to do list.


Note: I love you Mr. Romance.

After we got a jump and made it home, he unpacked the car of our picnic stuff, and repacked the car with his and the boys' bikes. When the boys got home from school, I worked, and Steve took the boys and one of their friends mountain biking...their most recent hobby which they all love. These are some pictures from last Saturday when they went biking at the same place.

*Note: This frightens me.

*Note: As does this.


*Note: This is sweet and one of my favorite pictures so far this year.

When the boys got home and cleaned up, we decided to take them to our new Dave & Busters. They've been wanting to go...and since we hadn't done anything else all day, we decided it would be fun. They LOVED it.



*Note: Cody had a lucky streak tonight.


Do you know what they bought with all their tickets they won playing games?

This...complete with 6 'different' farts.
I believe I'll be getting an extra crown in Heaven for being the mother of boys...and Abby.

5 comments:

Tammy said...

That is so cool...sounds like a great day and busy one! Can't wait to see the Dr.Farts game or whatever it is. What ever happened to the kitty??

G Pierce said...

The kitty was gone from in front of our house but moved down to the end of the street by early afternoon...who would do that? I don't know.

Kristy said...

I had NO idea there were 6 different fart sounds! WOW!

If you had only stayed until 7:30pm like the rest of us - you might have learned a little more about the Photoshop. FYI - I'm addicted!

Anonymous said...

You did have quite a day....you told us about Abby & the kitty..but didn't tell 'the rest of the story'!!! But it's about like most of your days....always full to the brim! It's ok...do it while you can. One of these days you might get old like me, and won't have the 'get up & go' like you have now. Love you! MOM

Denyse said...

What a fun day! So many memories. Good times...except for maybe the part about the kitty.