Thursday, January 22, 2009

Nashville

Well I made it to Nashville today with little trouble. I did set off the metal detector at the airport...and got pulled to the side and put inside the space age looking clear tube that shoots puffs of air at you...was so appreciative of the new hairstyle. Then I got wanded and frisked...but there was no extra charge for that so it was okay.:) Evidently jewelry and underwire bras will set those things off...who knew? Traveling with one of my bosses seemed to take my mind off of the constant gnawing of fear in my stomach...and being upgraded to First Class didn't hurt. Did you know in first class you don't even have to ask for blankets?...they're just there waiting for you...oh, and the snack was better than coach, but of course I didn't take one because I seriously could not manage to put one thing on my already shaky stomach. I was trying to "Notify my Attitude' as my mom told me to do about flying, but....

If you prayed for me today, thank you.

We had a great day of meetings and having lunch at J. Alexander's with a guy that is about to be hired as Simpleville's Creative Director. I really love the vibe of Nashville, and the guys that work at Simpleville are great. Total visionaries and salt of the earth types. I'm really thankful I get to work with these guys. Also, the office was full of writers today...Addison Road and others writing new songs and we would hear them trying them out through the office. Love the creativity happening right there.

I am now sitting in my hotel room in my pj's (shout out Kristy!), watching TV, and missing my boys...all three of them.

Tomorrow morning, I'm working on one of my wishes for this year. And then, I'm back on my return flight...but I'm not thinking about that right now. I'm off to sweet dreams...where there are no airplanes...just cruise ships.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

thanks for the shout out sista! glad to have you home safe!

Denyse said...

I love J.Alexander's! Glad you had a "pleasant" flight. I must admit that I'm more leary of cruise ships than airplanes. I'd rather die upon impact than have to float on a board in the middle of the ocean... (Jack! Don't let go, Jack!)