Monday, January 26, 2009

Quotes of the Week

Well I've got three nuggets...all from Cody this week. Funny...it always seems like it's Cody saying most of the quotes...don't really know what that means for his future, but....

This morning he was discussing how he was going to pick which college he was going to by putting every school over $20,000 in a hat and drawing a name out. I then asked him, "well how are you going to pay for college?" He then said, "with my smartitudes."

Then tonight after Upwards basketball practice, he told me he was able to say his memory verse for this week by looking at it and memorizing it real fast. I asked him to say it to me and he rattled off some 'version' of the verse and then said, "that's interpreted into Cody language."

On Sunday nights, Cody attends Cross Trainers, a Bible study for 5th and 6th graders that also teaches them a different part of service in ministry. We asked him what he learned last night and he said they studied "how you are defined." I'm pretty sure that he was supposed to learn that he is defined by how much he allows Christ to be a part of his life, but when we asked him, "how are you defined?"...he said, "a boy who is totally on the up side of the awesome scale." I think they teach humility too. He was absent that week.

4 comments:

Denyse said...

Oh, I love Cody even though I've never met him. I think he and Hallie would be fast friends...although I'm not sure the world is ready for that kind of alliance :)

G Pierce said...

No doubt!

Tessa said...

I am loving this kid. He is so very clever! I am sure he can get a smartitude scholarship.

Can I add your blog to my blog?

G Pierce said...

Yes, please feel free to add my blog. Love reading yours!