Monday, January 5, 2009

Dog for Rent

Seeing Marley and Me this past weekend made me think alot about our own lab. *Note to self: Never trust anyone else, especially people who are not parents yet, on whether a movie is suitable for my children. What has the world come to when you take your children to a dog movie at Christmas and want to crawl under the seats at times for the inappropriate scenes? And really, are Christmas movies really supposed to have dogs dying in them? But I digress...

Our Abby is a very good dog...except for the occasional thunderstorm during which she will jump in the kitchen sink (and more than once breaking dishes), or on top of the stove (once turning on the burners), or on top of the washing machine (more than once knocking off the box of detergent on the floor). Sweet, sweet dog. Um, yeah.

I never knew where the term "my dog ate my homework" came from, but evidently they owned Abby in her previous life.


This dog loves to eat paper. Maybe she's missing fiber in her diet, but if you drop a piece of paper on the floor, she gets it and takes it away to eat it.


At least she has good taste.


Now I think her actions would improve if I could just get her to eat the Bible...

4 comments:

Kristy said...

You should have asked me about the appropriateness of this movie since I was already the bad mom and took my kids to see it. Nice.

Darla said...

Well, I am glad ya'll know its not appropriate. I thought about taking my kids to see it but was not real sure! Thankfully we haven't gone yet - and they won't be be going now!

Anonymous said...

Ditto! Thanks for the heads up!

April said...

Thanks for making the movie mistake first...sorry about that! We won't be taking them...however, Tale of Desperauex was terrific. It actually had lots of good things to teach and nothing bad at all.
Hey...I loved your flicker video. It was fun to see Gentry on there, and the last picture was especially great where it looks like Kristy, Sarah and I are in vegas at the slot machines. :o)
BTW...maybe there's dog therapy out there for Abby's storm anxiety??? You never know!