Sunday, April 12, 2009

Promise

I've never seen the nailprints in His hands...but I've felt His hands around me as I read test results and struggled with a life changing diagnosis.

I've never seen His nail-scarred feet...but I've felt Him walk beside me down hospital corridors and unfamiliar paths.

I've never heard Him speak...but I've felt His breath in my ear as He spoke words of comfort...and hope.

I've never seen His blood...but I've felt it wash over me at every indiscretion and offense.

I've never seen the empty tomb...but I've felt the victory of a man who death could not hold.

My Dear Savior,

Thank you for not taking the easy way out. Thank you for your sacrifice, and your blood shed on my behalf. But most of all, thank you for being true to your Word...and leaving that cold, dark tomb to give us hope, HOPE and a future. May my life reflect your sacrifice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that .........you say it so sweetly...and pray it so humbly. I am ever so proud of you and more the Saviour who hold you so securely. He is so precious.

Love you, MOM

Dean said...

Gina,

I know we don't keep up like we should, but I love looking at your blog...this entry was very encouraging to us!

Dean and Elaine