Tuesday, April 7, 2009

I May be Ex-Communicated

A couple of weeks ago during Spring Break, the boys and I went with some friends to the Fort Worth Zoo.



I realize I'm creeping into dangerous territory here...and it may get me kicked out of Mommyville, but [brace yourself] I hate the zoo. I hate the zoo for what it is...and for what it could be. It could be a sweet place to take the family and leisurely stroll through the nature preserves...oohing and aahing over the animals who are entertaining you...they frolic and play with each other...they do tricks...YES, TRICKS! They might even jump, and run...and hop. But this is not what the zoo is...my friends, the zoo is BORING.

It is so packed with people you have to stand in line to see the animals. Sleeping.


I know animals have to sleep...but do we not have the technology to get them on our sleep schedule so they could be awake to entertain us? The monkeys/apes are clearly the only half-interesting exhibit there because they will actually poop into their hand and then eat it...and as disgusting as that is, at least it gives you something to watch and tell your kids NOT to do.


They're also great at picking bugs/fleas off each other...I'm okay with that because THEY'RE DOING SOMETHING.

Seriously, would it be asking too much to throw some raw meat in the lion and tiger cage every once in a while so we could see them in their natural state? How awesome would it be [and I'm going to whisper this so that not everyone can hear], if they put a zebra in the lion's habitat? That is entertainment people!

I mean there's a reason why the Discovery channel is so popular...we love to see animals do what they do best...hunt, kill and eat. And if the zebra can actually out-run or out-manuever the lion...that much more the entertainment. Patrons would actually be cheering the zebras on!

Okay, I'm sick...I know this.




Sadly, I guess the ATM's were sleeping too. We never did see those.

3 comments:

lisamichelle said...

My sentiments exactly! I vote you to be the president of Mommyville!!!

Tessa said...

You need to go to the zoo with me, my friend. I have seen an elephant throw poop on an uppity old lady, I have seen monkeys doing things you usually see on cable and the last time we were there, the lion roared ferosiously just to get our attention and then he peed. This was no regular pee...it was some sort of yellow guyser that came out with the same intensity as the roar and lasted forever!!! Sophie, was IMPRESSED!

I would like to see the zebra in the lion cage. Call me if they do that!

April said...

Yes my friend...you said it all so well...I have to admit I could do without ever going to the zoo again...forever...once you've seen one zoo, you've seen 'em all! Now...humping rhinos...that was one for the memory books, but I'm sure that's a once in a lifetime zoo experience! :o)