Monday, April 6, 2009

A Little Better

An update on Caleb for family and friends:

When I got home from my scrapbook retreat yesterday, Caleb was still running 102 fever and looking and feeling bad even though Daddy had taken VERY good care of him while I was away. When he woke up this morning around 11 a.m., he looked and felt a little better (maybe because mommy was home???...just a thought). I went ahead and called his Pediatrician just to ask her opinion about the fever since we've been on antibiotics for 6 days now, and she wanted to see him.

She changed antibiotics for the strep throat, and we have a little different plan of attack with regard to the eyes because now it appears that the infection may have moved over to the left eye also. We follow up with the Opthomologist on Wednesday.


The most obvious change from last week is that he has lost 6 pounds since last Tuesday. God love him...he just looks so pitiful.


But I knew he was feeling better when he did this:


He's BAAAACCCKK!

Thanks for loving and praying for him....

3 comments:

lisamichelle said...

Good news! Glad he is feeling better...I know you feel better too! Give him a hug for Auntie!
Love you!

Kristy said...

You should feed that kid every once in a while! WHOA! Hope he's on the road to recovery very soon!

http://momandflock.blogspot.com/ said...

I am so glad he is better. I have heard of so many people having problems with their eyes lately. I know his was induced by the Mulch prob. But it is really going around, sure hope it misses our home. We had the dredded stomach bug floating around our house for what seemed like weeks. Take care of all of you. We are really trying to get the funds together so we can go on the cruise. Hope to see you there.