Thursday, April 23, 2009

Education at its Finest

Today is National Take Your Child to Work Day although I’m not really sure it’s National but anyway where we live it is so we are participating because my kids are all like “the teachers really want us to learn about different careers” and I’m all like “no, the teachers just want a day where they don’t have to put up with half of you kids,” but it’s their bad because the good kids are the ones that are home because their parents don’t mind having them home and the bad kids’ parents don’t want them at home because…hello…they’re bad even at home except for my niece and nephew because they’re not bad but they still had to go to school today. So anyway I told Steve he really needed to take the boys to fight crime with him today because the last time I tried to teach my kids what I do at work they’re all like “mom, this is soooo boring” and I’m all “I know kids…it’s accounting just deal with it and keep shredding,” and “hey we get in free to every mercyme concert.” And they’re all “I know but you never take us” and I’m all “I know because me and daddy have to have a date night every once in a while.” So I’m all “Steve you really need to take them to catch some robbers” and he’s all like “I’m not even working that day so I can’t take them” and I’m all “well what are we gonna do so that I can say they worked on take your child to work day?” and he’s all “I’ll take them mountain biking because you get real tired after you do that so it’s kind of like work.” And I’m all “okay, but shoot a delinquent gangster squirrel or something while you’re out there so it will kind of look like you took them to work.” And that, people, is why we don’t homeschool.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You make it sound so easy, tho!

Love, MOM