Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Six Flags...Now Rated PG-13

*Note: The bottom portion of this post is rated PG-13, so you might want to keep the kids off this one.


The boys received season passes to Six Flags this year for Christmas, and since we are the parents of said minors, we get to accompany them, so we received season passes from ourselves also (allow myself to introduce myself...huh?). I know that Six Flags is supposed to make you happy...it's the happiest place on earth, right? Or is that Disney World...I forget. But my kids think it's the happiest place on earth because it's here and because we can go there many, many,...many times.
Well the day after Christmas was the first of many, many, many more trips I'm sure, and it did not make me happy. Oh sure, seeing my kids enjoy it made me happy...I'm not totally heartless.

But standing in all those lines...and people, it was hot. I know it was December 26th, but it was a humid 76 degrees when we went and probably 96 degrees inside the line buildings. And I'm a slight hater of dirty places...and yes kids, Six Flags is a dirty, dirty place.



And because this...Six Flags brings out the skank in people. I know it was warm this day, but girls (read skanks) were wearing their backless halter tops with their bikini top underneath with their low rider jeans...I am not kidding. And I know there are many, many,...many more 90 degree days where we will be lucky if they're wearing the jeans or the halter.

And I'm all for expressing your opinions, but people are getting much more vocal with them and wearing them on their shirts...AND WE GET IN LINE RIGHT BEHIND THEM.

I tried to stand really close to her so my kids could not read her shirt, but it was impossible. They didn't ask...and hopefully won't ask their friends when they get back to school. The real sweet part was...she was in line with her 7 year old. Evidently, Mothers of the Year go to Six Flags too.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Ah yes! The joys of Six Flags! I believe I can top that one . . . we went to a birthday party for a TWO YEAR old on Saturday and a guy (read as the boyfriend of the aunt)came in wearing a shirt that said, "I'd rather be snorting cocaine of a hooker's a**." I WAS MORTIFIED and thankful that my kids weren't there since they can read! His excuse was that since they are 2 - they can't read so it was totally ok.

Denyse said...

You are so much nicer than me! I avoid 6 Flags at all costs (for the very reasons you mentioned as well as several more) and so my kids will never have season passes.
I read Kristy's comment and recalled one time that I had to hire a substitute to fill in at the CHRISTIAN preschool where I worked. She showed up in a shirt that read, "I'm not as think as you drunk I am". She gave the same line of logic...that little kids can't read. Helllloooooo! What about the parents who will be picking up the little kids from a CHRISTIAN preschool? Honestly! Some people!