Saturday, December 6, 2008

Happy Time

I was expecting a package today and kept going out to my front porch about every 15 seconds to see if it had arrived. It was something that I technically "received" for my birthday, but didn't order it until Cyber Monday (which, by the way, I totally fell in love with this year!). I had several things to do out of the house today which made me antsy because I am paranoid about the UPS man leaving a box on my front porch for the whole world to see and someone stealing it...yes, I'm cynical and I'm married to a cop...there's alot of bad people out there...seriously. Anywho, the day kind of went from bad to worse.

I had taken my shot last night which always makes me feel kind of like a truck hit me the next day, and then I had a semi-emotional episode sitting in a Conn's store...I seriously need a shirt that says..."it's okay, I cry alot." I usually have a good reason (keep telling yourself that Gina), and I really didn't this time. And by now, I'm not typically embarrassed that you can absolutely tell that I've been crying...sometimes with mascara stains that actually drip on my shirt, or leftovers of kleenex still stuck to my nose where I have blown it so many times. I just look at the people who are staring at me and I'm all "what? you've never seen a pre-menopausal woman before?"

Anyway...when I finally made it home tonight, it had arrived...and it made all my gray skies turn to blue...


It's my new friend...the one I will carry with me everywhere waiting for the perfect pictures to go with the warped thoughts I have going on inside my brain that end up here...and yes, this picture is blurry because I took the picture of my new camera with my old camera which as you can tell is on its last leg. Excuse me while I go read the operating manual from cover to cover...

1 comment:

Kristy said...

You are SO the middle child! Reading the manual cover to cover - only you! (and Darla!)