Wednesday, July 2, 2008

I Was Mean Today

I don't feel like I'm mean very often {even though I was voted the "meanest person" by one of my very own sisters on her myspace page...that didn't hurt}, but I feel like I was today. I felt justified in doing what I did, and don't regret it...but I still have a sick feeling in my stomach because I was...to someone I barely know. I sent an email to someone who hurt someone I love dearly...and was downright snippy and mean...all wrapped up in about 16 words. Actually, I labored over those words about 12 hours before putting them to screen, and then another 5 minutes staring at it before pressing the dreaded 'send with absolutely no chance of ever getting those words back' button. I kept going back and forth...should I just go all out and spew out the bitter yet forceful speech I actually rehearsed in my head? Or do I just concisely say enough to get my point across and {hopefully} make him feel guilty for what he did?

Are either of these the appropriate thing to do? Wow, I struggle with that. I can honestly say I'm not sure, but that it probably depends on the circumstances. I'm pretty sure my pride somehow comes into play here. I'm also pretty sure that when someone messes with one of my chicks, this momma hen's feathers are gonna be ruffled. I think I totally just mixed my metaphors there...but you get my point.

P.S. Tonight, Steve and I were watching "Baby Borrowers" we had recorded on our DVR (clearly the BEST human invention ever...well, the automobile was good too). Anywho, this show is about young teens/adults having to take care of babies 24/7 to show them what it's like in real life when they poop, throw up, cry all the time, etc. One of the couples was fighting about getting up with the baby because he was waking up all during the night crying because he was teething. It was at this moment, Steve said one of the sweetest things to me... "Thank you for getting up in the night when the boys were babies and taking care of them. And even now when they get sick. I just wake up, and they're on a blanket next to our bed." How about, "Thanks for getting the dog out of the kitchen sink last night?"

3 comments:

Darla said...

Instead of a baby gate...maybe you need a doggie gate for your kitchen! That just cracks me up that a dog that size would get in the kitchen sink! lol

Kristy said...

I'm sorry you had to mean today sista. Maybe you should just send that kinda stuff to me so that you won't feel bad later? Hmm?

Abby in the sink . . . funny stuff!

G Pierce said...

I might have to do it next time because he actually responded to my email, and I had to be mean again! But I'm done...I'm going back to being my sweet self...lol :)