Saturday, June 28, 2008

Lazy Saturday

So this is what it feels like to have a Saturday that's not jam-packed with a million and one things to do and hours spent at the ballfields. I read today...yes, pages out of an actual book. I don't remember the last time I read without doing it in 5 minute bathroom increments...sorry to be so informational. I stayed in my PJ's for a good part of the day...tinkering around...yes, I said tinkering. Tinkering is good...very good and it's been way too long since I've tinkered.

We only had one thing on our calendar today, and it was Cody's 8pm Allstar game in Fort Worth. But you know what? God even took that off my to do list. He sent the most delicious rainstorm just after we arrived in Fort Worth and just in time to call the game. So we spent a wonderful night in downtown Fort Worth just BEING.

We went to eat and went to a movie, and were just being our family...talking to each other and listening to each other...with no schedule to keep. Laughing, crying (and it wasn't me this time!) and just having fun together. I felt like God was whispering to me, "Don't miss this. This is good." I know time is flying. Thank you God for every drop of rain that fell tonight and every precious minute with my family.


Best line of the movie: "There's no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." Priceless.

No comments: