Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Birthday Caleb

My little man...9 years today. How in the world did you get to be 9? Time went way too fast. You're supposed to be my baby...the one who stays little forever. Remember that pact you made with me?

The first day I laid eyes on you...not knowing what you were going to be...only knowing that you were BIG...was an exciting day. God knew I needed another little boy in my life...and although you were born with the same mom and dad, you are totally different from your brother. And you still have that cutest little cleft in your chin...melts me.

We had a family birthday lunch at Buck n Loons where you were totally embarrassed when the waiters and waitresses came in to sing to you. Then we picked up your buds that evening for a slumber party...at which there was very little slumbering going on...just lots of giggles and farts...and other boy stuff.

Then on Monday, we all went to Hawaiian Falls to celebrate. You and your friends celebrated by going down all the slides and tubes...and I celebrated by getting a ferocious sunburn...for which I am still paying for. We had so much fun and you have such good friends.

Some things that make me smile when I think back:

*You LOVED books. You always said to me, "Ana luk a book," which translated is "I wanna look {at} a book."

*You had your own vocabulary which none of us knew where it came from. It included words like schlock, hayco, shibish, and lala.

*You started praying at about 4 years old, and still to this day start every prayer with "Thank you God for happy hearts and that we are together." I still love it...and it's true.

*You're my McGuyver. Whenever something needs to be solved...you can do it. If something needs to be fixed, you can fix it. You can build things without directions.

*You love Jesus and want to serve Him.

Some things I am proud of: your sensitivity, you're a gentleman and open the door for me, you love your pets with a passion and you are a hard worker. Caleb, you are precious to me. I know God is going to do great things through you and I can't wait to see it! I love you...to the moon and back.

No comments: