Thursday, July 17, 2008

Dear God, Please Slow Down

I'm feeling overwhelmed today...on the verge of tears several times. I know, I know...this is really not all that strange for me. There were several times I looked at the boys today and thought...'time is moving way too fast.' And under my breath I would plead...'please, God, please slow it down.' I want to remember every little look, every joke they laugh at, every time they snuggle up next to me on the couch. And I know that nothing I say or plead can stop it...I just need to enjoy today. I need to not worry about what we'll be doing in 5 years...whether we'll still have this house or not...or even be at the Ranch or not. I need to not worry that school is starting again in a little over a month...and there a million and one things I still want to do with the boys this summer...and the closets that still need to be cleaned out. I need to enjoy TODAY...every minute...every second...and enjoy this...



and this...

and THIS...




3 comments:

Kristy said...

I totally agree with everything you just said. It's going WAY too fast!

And was that dinner on the table? Did you actually cook dinner?!

G Pierce said...

Don't faint...we've eaten at home 3 times this week so far!

Kristy said...

SHUT UP! That must be some kind of record for you!!