Sunday, May 10, 2009

A Guest Post from Gina's Baby Daddy

Steve called me this morning and told me he wanted to "Guest Post" on my blog today...and because I am generous like that, I agreed. No really, he always says the sweetest things to me and I knew that if he wanted to post it for the internet to see, it must be special to him. So without further ado, here is the love of my life...

Steve here. I just wanted to take a moment to tell you about Gina, “The Mother”. While Gina is great at everything she does (the list is endless), there is one role that stands head and shoulders above the rest. She has learned many skills in her life but there is one skill she was born with, and that’s being a mother. Moses parted the red sea and Gina is molding two lives. They both knew what God made them to do and they did it.

When Gina and I were dating, I could see how she loved Allison, Darren, Ashley, Hillary, and Tiffany. She loved them like they were her own and I knew then that she would be a great mother.

If you know Gina then you know she loves her boys. But to those of you who have had the privilege of seeing her love her boys up close and in person, then you are truly blessed. When she gives Cody or Caleb a big hug and tells them that she loves them, I know they will never doubt it. Whether it is a school project, doctor’s appointment, talk about how to treat a girl, ballgame, or anything in between, Gina is there.

So to the greatest, most tender-hearted, loving, non-virgin mother (Mary’s kid was perfect) that has ever lived I say, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY GINA!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't that just the sweetest man you could ever have married???? I am so glad God brought him into your life and he is the 'baby' Daddy! Couldn't have picked out a better one for you if I'd tried!!!! Love that boy! And of course, I agree, he has great taste in women...and he chose well!!!

Love, MOM

lisamichelle said...

You are a wonderful mother! And just in case I never told you back then....thanks for being a second mom to my kids when they were little! well, and even when they got bigger! lol I love you more than words can say!

Kristy said...

For those of you that are wondering - Yes, he really is that kind of guy! :)