Friday, February 27, 2009

Girls and Grits

I knew this day would come. A Girl stole Cody's heart this week. He came home from school Wednesday...talking about her and grinning from ear to ear. He couldn't get enough of her...spending most all the afternoon and evening playing with her...barely coming in the house to see us. Here is the Girl...

Cody is really into skateboarding right now (be warned Kristi Paul!) and the brand of this skateboard is Girl. A boy brought it to school on Wednesday and said that he had gotten a new one and asked Cody if he wanted it. He was so excited...he brought it home and attached his Trucks (don't ask...I don't know what they are either...just what they're called) to it and spent all afternoon riding it. The next day at school, the boy asked for it back... something about losing his new one.

Cody was heartbroken. I told him it wouldn't be the last time his heart would be broken by a Girl.

Thursday afternoon, Steve picked the boys up from school and they went biking again. Caleb couldn't wait to call me from the car on the way home to tell me of the crash he had. (They love to tell me when they get hurt to see if I will get scared or not.) He evidently hit the edge of a tree with his bike and went over the handlebars and landed in a heap. When Steve found him he asked him what hurt, and he said "my arms and my legs." Steve immediately saw our Health Savings Account laying there in the heap with him. But...this boy's got grits. He got up...dusted off and came home with some cuts, scrapes, bruises...and a story to tell. And yes, I was scared.


These pictures are after he cleaned up...I won't tell you the part about him crying all the way through his shower because it burned so bad.

No comments: