Saturday, May 24, 2008

My Birthday Boy


We celebrated Cody's birthday yesterday. We took him rock climbing with some of his friends and then they all spent the night in the treehouse...a total "boy" night. Today he made a purchase with some of his birthday money...yes, anything that could be dangerous...he wants to be a part of.


I'll skip the sappy part of how I seriously cannot believe how fast the time has flown, and how when I look at him I'm totally blown away at what an awesome boy he is. And if Steve starts singing Watercolor Ponies again, I will hit him...but I do realize how precious every day is. My favorite memories of him as a little boy...

*His cry sounded like a goat when he was days old...it cracked us up

*When you asked him where daddy worked, he said at the "police apartment."

*When looking at a picture of the Statue of Liberty in a book, he asked me why she had a crown of thorns on her head.

*In a casual conversation with him at 5 years old in the car one day, he started talking about asking Jesus into his heart. I asked him if he wanted to talk about it and if he wanted help, and he said, "No, I already did it myself." He's been a leader from early on.

Things I am proud of: his tender heart, his fearlessness, he's a hard worker, his free spirit...and too many other things to list. Cody...I'm so proud to see where you've come and am excited to see where you go from here. I love you...to the moon and back.

No comments: