Friday, May 9, 2008

Abby the Ferocious

We didn't know Abby knew how to bark when we got her. It was about a month before we knew she could...and then it was just because she was having a bad dream and let a little bark out. Barking is just not her style...she's somewhat of a princess I guess. Well this morning as I was sitting at my computer looking out the window, I could tell the FTD man was having a hard time finding mom & dad's house (everyone has a hard time finding it...why I don't know), so I went outside to give him directions. Abby followed me out and started barking instantly...a mean, ferocious bark...like "get away from us NOW!" It took me by surprise, but I just petted her and told her it was okay. He was a gentlemanly, older fellow and heck, how bad could he be? He delivers beautiful, scrumptuous flowers for a living. Seriously, this man could not harm anyone! He could tell Abby was not digging him...so he goes to his front seat and brings over a delicious doggy treat for Abby... which she, of course, accepted because after all it is food. And then she went and promptly buried it in the flower bed. Either she thought it was poison since it came from the evil flower delivery man, or she was thinking she might want a nice snack later. Hmm...

No comments: