Monday, June 1, 2009

Caleb's Got Mad Smarts

Monday morning was the 4th Grade Awards Ceremony and Caleb got to show off his smarts. He received not only awards in Social Studies, Texas Readers Club, and Citizenship, but he received...

*Special Recognition for being in the Duke University Talent Identification Program. This means that his grades are in the top 5% of students for his grade level...and

*Principal's Award for Outstanding Character.

I'm so proud of him for overcoming his anxiety he faced earlier this year to excel in all of his classes, getting Commended Performance on his Math Taks and ONE point shy of Commended Performance on his Writing Taks.

He's a great student...


...a great helper in class...


...and a great friend.


Caleb, I'm so proud of your accomplishments this year. I pray you will always believe in your ability to do great things through God's help. You are going to be an awesome 5th grader!

I love you...to the moon & back.
Mama

P.S. If this post sounds like I'm bragging about my kid...I am.

2 comments:

Grammy/Mom said...

And why not??? He is a great kid!!! and I am bragging....and I'm entitled....I am his Grammy...and I am soooo proud of his accomplishments this year...to have been sick so much and to overcome in such a tremendous way is a great thing.....I can't wait to see what he does in 5th grade!!!! You go Boy!

Anonymous said...

I am just hia Pawpaw or "poppops" as he sometimes refers to me as, which I really think it is as close as his Mother will let him get to 'poop'. Any way I am also proud of your accomplishments Caleb. I love you and know God has something very special for you.