Wednesday, October 22, 2008

KAYNONBALL!!!

A couple of years ago, Caleb asked Jesus into his heart. His dad and I knelt beside him on his bed as he made the most important decision of his life. He has been too "shy" or scared or anxious, I'm not really sure what, of getting baptized until this year after he came home from camp. We were of course thrilled that he had made that decision. We went through the obligatory baptism instruction class in the pastor's office where the baptisees (?) let the pastor shoot questions at them and where the parents sit nervously and hope and pray they answer all the questions right and don't bring up all sorts of things that could be used against them in future sermons. I was proud...Caleb answered all the questions 'correctly'...I guess we're in!


So a couple of weeks ago, Caleb got baptized and there's nothing like that feeling of watching your child be obedient to God.

A few days before baptism day, we were discussing it in the car...and he told Cody he was going to wear just his swimsuit (without a shirt) and was going to stand at the top of the baptistry stairs and jump in 'cannonball' style and yell "KAYNONBALL" which is the way this little Texan pronounces it when he's jumping into a pool. They laughed and laughed about how it would splash all the choir people. I have to admit I was a little relieved when he came out in more than just his swimsuit and walked down the stairs, although deep down inside I would have liked to see him pull that off.

2 comments:

lisamichelle said...

Well one thing for sure that would've been a "Caleb style" baptism!!!
So glad we got to be there for that!

Anonymous said...

I think it would have been AWESOME for him to Kaynonball his way through his baptism. What a blessing!!! I can't wait to watch my girls walk through this same process, too.

Debbie (Baker) Taylor