Monday, February 25, 2008

Abby...Bad Dog


Okay, so tonight Steve and I are watching the news when I hear some commotion in the play room...which is odd because the boys are in bed. I go in there to find this...a half eaten chocolate bar and Abby sheepishly slinking away. I clean up the mess...and close the door. Then after Steve goes to bed I start thinking about all the stories we've heard about how chocolate can kill a dog...so what do I do? GOOGLE...well yeah, you ignore it if you want your dog to poop or vomit all over the house, or go into a coma or die because it's toxic to their sytem. So I make the call to the vet's office, and the girl says "Oh yes, you'll need to bring her right in so the vet can see her." I wake Steve to let him know there's no way we can let our dog die because of a chocolate bar, and we're off at 11:00 p.m. to the vet's office...during emergency hours. $95 and 30 minutes later, I learn that it would take about 30 giant size chocolate bars to be toxic to a 75 pound dog. Ooooohhhh, could that not have been covered over the phone? But Abby doesn't care...all she could think was "A chocolate bar and a car ride all in one night? Sweet!!!"

1 comment:

Kristy said...

I LOVE the new header sista! It's so you!! :)