Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Dear Cody & Caleb...

Dear Cody & Caleb,

A few days ago your dad and I celebrated our 15th year of being married to each other. As we told you in prayer time that night, it hasn't always been days of cupcakes and lollipops... a few days have been licorice...really black, nasty licorice. But I can tell you this... that we love each other more today than we did on that Labor Day weekend back in 1995. Lots of people say that, but it's really true. Looking back now, we barely knew each other. But God has been so good to us...and even though we've both made some pretty big mistakes, He's used them for good and brought us closer together. He's the yen to my yang (even though we aren't Chinese), and I'm the creamer in his coffee (even though he doesn't drink coffee). There have been lots of good and fun, and goofy times...and those are tucked away in my love memory bank.

I am thankful for your dad. From day one, he stepped up to his role of provider and protector masterfully. He is a hard worker, diligent in gaining favor with his employer because of his ethics and honesty at work, has a good reputation, is a loyal friend, is a good son and son-in-law, and a good brother and brother-in-law. I think his shining accomplishment so far has been his role of daddy...and you boys are so blessed to have him as your father. I love how he protects and nurtures you, but also how he gently nudges you to spread your wings to try new things and soar to new heights. He is a great picture of the way your Heavenly father loves you.

Tonight I am praying for your future wives. I'm hopeful that it's SEVERAL years away, but I already have a sweet picture of both of them in my thoughts. I pray that God is already molding them to be the helpers that you both need, and that most of all they are falling in love with Jesus more every day. I am praying that you will continue to grow and become great men who look a little bit like your dad, and a whole lot like your Father.

I love you,
Mama

No comments: